Designed for skiers, the RAD LINE 6 mm is an ultra-light and compact cord for crevasse rescue, rappelling, or roping up on a glacier to get out of a crevasse zone. It is hyperstatic and flexible, and features a rough sheath for excellent grip and easy handling. It is available in two lengths: 30 and 60 meters.
- Ultra-light and compact:
- Only 22 grams per meter
- Lightweight and compact, making it easy to carry in a backpack
- Specific sheath construction:
- The specific HMPE-reinforced sheath makes it compatible with the TIBLOC ascender, as well as the MICRO TRAXION and NANO TRAXION progress-capture pulleys (1)
- Flexible cord with rough sheath for excellent handling and improved descent control when rappelling, and to aid in braking when arresting a crevasse fall
- Cord elongation of less than 2 % facilitates and improves efficiency of rescue operations, and helps prevent the yo-yo effect during rappels or fall arrest in a crevasse
- Allows a skier to rope up in order to get out of a crevasse zone
(1) Details about compatibility and possible uses for this cord can be found in technical tips at www.petzl.com.
- Diameter: 6 mm
- Weight per meter: 22 g
- Material(s): High-modulus polyethylene (HMPE), polyester, nylon
- Certification(s): CE EN 564, UKCA
- Static elongation: Less than 2 %
|Inner Pack Count